Wednesday, June 24, 2009

"Yesterday was the Left Breast, Today it is the Right…."

Blog Acronyms / Abbreviations

BOA:Blessings of Abundance l BOP: Blessings of Poverty l FOTSW: Fell off the sugar wagon l HM:Holosync Meditation CD l IOP: Inconvenience of Poverty l LFL: Living Foods
Lifestyle

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

VitaMix Raw and Whole Foods Machine l Listen & Meditate

Well today is turning out to be a very good day.

I had to go in for a followup mammogram after I got a letter saying there was a “questionable abnormality”. After the first round of pictures (xrays), I was asked to sit in the waiting area as the doctor reviewed the evidence.

In the waiting area were two other women donning the same white cotton housecoat that I had. They were there for the same reason. We struck up a conversation. One woman said she goes through the same thing every time she comes in for a mammogram. She always has to come back and they ultimately tell her it was nothing. She started saying at least the mammo could catch any problems early so you could start treatments.

To this I responded that I would not be getting any treatments, regardless of the outcome, and that I did not believe that making a person sicker was the cure for any disease. Then I started telling her about juicing and eating raw. She said, “Did you say raw foods?”. I said yes, “Raw foods and green juices.” She responded, “Oh, I could never do that.”

Then I starting telling her Brenda Cobb’s story and how that would be the road I would take. I did not mention to her that I had already started the raw foods lifestyle, but I did mention that since she was already juicing she might consider getting a VitaMix machine.

I told her all the things it could do, including juicing the whole fruit or vegetable, making hot soups and cold ice cream, etc. But I told her the best part of it was the cleanup because that was a 15 second deal. She listened and then said, “I bet that would cost you $400 bucks or more”, to which I nodded my head.

I told her Montel Williams had the HealthMaster that I had learned about last week, but that I did not think it would be as good a machine as the VitaMix.

The attendant then called woman #1 back and told her the doctor had recommended she do an ultrasound. I gave her my business card and wished her the best.

Another attendant then informed woman #2 that she too would be having an ultrasound and directed her back into the room to get dressed and to wait in the main lobby area to be called.

As this was happening, I thought to myself that if two of the three of us were going to be getting ultrasounds, then as the third person I should probably not need to get one. B/C if I did then the Caromont Center was surely having some kind of ultrasound promotion going on .

So my attendant returns and tells me she will take a few more pictures of my breast to determine if I too needed an ultrasound since the doctor was still not sure.

She showed me the photos and the spot she kept pointing to seemed to look like many other white spots on my breast. I told her she really must have a trained eye ‘cause I wasn’t seeing it. I couldn’t figure out what made that one spot they had circled different from the others.

The short of it was that after the doctor reviewed the second set of xrays, the attendant came out and told me that I could get dressed and go home. That there was nothing there that they could see for now.

What's that you say? Nothing there? Could it be that just a few weeks on this raw diet had melted that little spot away? Only God knows for sure, but I would like to think it does matter what you eat and how you eat it. Rah Raw Rah!

So I told my mammographer (is that what they are called) this was good news and that I would continue my juicing and greens. She said to me that I was good for another year unless I started to experience problems.

She also said, “Keep doing whatever you’re doing.”

Boy. That was a relief. And yes I have decided to keep doing what I am doing with my juicing of fresh veggies and fruits and eating salads. The past two days have been a bust, what with the pan fried steak last night…I really have to get back on track.

Right now I’m drinking a green juice concoction. I don’t really like this stuff. I put too much garlic in the mixture and it is quite tangy. I usually add enough carrots and apples to mask the taste but this batch is just not what it should be.

Anyway, gotta get back to it. Planning a fresh salad for dinner. I slow cooked (crockpot) some pinto beans yesterday so will add that as my protein. I’m tempted to make a batch of cornbread to go with it, you know to celebrate the good news about my test results.

Till next time,

RahRawforNow—

P.S. Oh, as to the title of this post, the attendant told me that yesterday she had a lot of folks who were needing a recheck on their left breast, but today it was mostly right breast rechecks.

P.s. ii If you are trying out the living and raw foods lifestyle, would love to have your comments-

Holla

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcomed...