Friday, June 19, 2009

Transitioning to Raw Foods..End Week 1

Blog Acronyms / Abbreviations

BOA:Blessings of Abundance l BOP: Blessings of Poverty l FOTSW: Fell off the sugar wagon l HM:Holosync Meditation CD l IOP: Inconvenience of Poverty l LFL: Living Foods Lifestyle

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Today I begin the day a little rusty. I don’t know if my generalized back pain is from sleeping on a mattress that is not as firm as it needs to be or some other health reason. I’m hoping it’s the former.


So far I have received one great big BOP. While my neighbors use their riding mowers to mow their big yards, I get to use the one I borrowed from my sister over the weekend. It is your standard push mobile. It is great exercise. I’m still sweating from the morning’s chop. Don’t know if I will ever cool back down.


Started the day off with one of those pre-packaged berry juice smoothie type mixtures that you get from the grocer. I still haven’t juiced my new supplies of veggies and fruits, but I did manage to get everything washed last night so they are sitting their waiting.


The Kale doesn’t seem to like the moisture in the air and it has already started to turn.


Yesterday evening I saw where Montel Williams has a new HealthMaster food emulsifier for sale. It reminded me of the VitaMix in terms of what it could do. Was a little cheaper and it came with a 100 year guarantee on the motor . His actually has a payment plan. $50 bucks a month for 4 payments. I’ll have to visit his website and check out all the specs.


While searching for it, I noticed a rawfoodstalk forum. May have to go back and check it out some more.


P.M.
Seems the day has gotten away from me. I have now juiced all that stuff. The kids (my two nieces, 9 and 11) did not like the green stuff so well. The carrot juice was not the best I’ve had either. I was trying to use the ones my aunt gave me before I broke open the 25 lbs of organic ones I purchased. Big mistake.


The Juiceman I have is a mess.. Is missing the part that catches the pulp when it shoots out. Another BOP. Tonight I ate instant grits and fried squash/onions and a spoonful of mac and cheese. It was filling. Added some processed sliced cheese to the grits. I know, as Maya says “When you know better, you should do better.”

RahRawforNow--

Out

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcomed...